Wednesday, June 23, 2010

These Boots Are Made For Walking

Pain scale is about a 7 - or seven - sorry Canadian Press.

The bondage brace has been off and on today numerous times. My ankle is easy, she undresses quicker than I do. *insert drum noise after cheesy joke*  Lots of swelling today which makes me take it off, and lots of pain which makes me put it back on.

After work I met up with Andrea (the bestie) for dinner.

I met Andrea on my first day of Gr. 9 and we became fast friends. We like the same things and surprise each other with similar interests even 11 years later. We also hate the same things (read: people) and have very similar whit. Though I may be more of a vocal bitch than my sweet friend, she does love me for it though, and I love that about me too. So it's a win-win. Andrea is a naive dreamer and I am a realist. We are like a nice suit on young money. We go well together.   

We went to JAM in downtown Oakville for some chat time before she takes off to Florida with her boytoy. This is our beyond favourite place for girlie evenings.

Drinks to start, and even though they have an extensive martini list I revert back to my regular, the Caramel Apple. It's basically sin in a glass and I end up licking the caramel from the edge. No shame, all indulgence. Andrea branched out and tried the "Jam On It" it tasted like a sweet tart and made me do the Fresh Prince Jump On It dance.

We both order the Pear Salad. NO NUTS - Andrea may explode - allergy. Did I mention I never ate peanut M&Ms until University and now I am hooked but rarely eat them because I'm around Andrea more often than not? When we order these it always reminds me of the Cobb Salad Lunch from Julie & Julia - we both alter our salads.

The two of us talked endlessly about how good this salad is. We sound like love sick schoolgirls.

Last course is fortune cookies (Andrea realized she could eat these after our last visit. She likes to experiment with things to see if she'll have a reaction. I almost have a heart attack each time but now know the quickest route to any hospital in the GTA, that must count for something.)

We rolled out of JAM full and completely satisfied and Andrea dropped me off at home.

I then put on my new MONSTER PAWS.
 My poor left ankle! I just took it out of the brace again, it just looks so mangled.

Yes, I realize they are called Vibram FiveFingers but Megan called them MPs earlier and I think it is so fitting.

Meg also got a pair. 

I plan for us to hike trails together in our MPs. BTW Megan, we're hiking trails, okay? I agree that we'll have to pose for a photo-op together.

For the last four weeks and six days I have rarely been in shoes. The first two weeks I couldn't squeeze my foot into them, the last three I've been working on my muscle firing. Being barefoot strengthens the muscles in the hips, legs and feet and improves the arch in the foot. These MPs are supposed to have the same benefits as being completely barefoot.

They will take a bit to get used to because you have to retrain your muscles. Funny enough the one on my left foot doesn't feel as strange as the one on my right...wonder why. Right now even just wearing them feels like a workout for my feetsies. Slowly but surely I will get more and more time in the shoes, and then out on those trails with Meg.

Tomorrow is physio and gym, it should be interesting. Maybe I'll wear the Monster Paws to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment