Thursday, June 24, 2010

Five bad boys with the power to rock you

Today marks five weeks of struggling through this adventure. Slow and steady, but I've yet to win the race. I think I'm just a bit worse for wear.

I'm actually in screaming pain right now. The bondage brace is off and I'm trying desperately not to go cross-eyed (both out of pain and boredom). I long for week two and three when I was in swollen, painless bliss. I may have walked funny, but I sure didn't hurt like this. Ibuprofen down the hatch (don't tell the narc) hopefully they kick in soon. The narc aka my dad is a regulator of over the counter medicine. He reads every label and follows the hour and dosage suggestions to a tee. I? open my mouth and swallow until the pain stops.

Andrea and I discussed last night the importance of good advice. We came to the conclusion that her fortune cookie gave better advice than her boytoy. I know the people in my life that I go to when I want to be coddled, those who will give me direct advice, and I know the people that will just listen and nod and smile. My mother is usually the first or the last person, I flop myself into her lap and she pets my head like I'm the puppy. When she's in a mood, she'll be far too honest with you and I caught her in that mood last night. I made her a latte and we chatted a bit about the progress of my ankle. She was blown away at how normal I was walking. I expressed the amount of pain I was in, and how I was worried about healing and running. What came out of her mouth was not expected:
"You won't be running in that race. You wont be ready, you wont be running." 
Gee thanks mom! I can always count on you to stay the right thing. Who is supposed to coddle me now? Thank goodness for my beyond positive attitude, I told her that I WILL be running, that my ankle does not have a choice in the matter nor the deciding vote and then stuck my tongue out at her. The six year old inside me wins again. Triumph!

I brought my Monster Paws with me to work today, it may be more appropriate to wear those than be constantly barefoot. Not one really minds, but I still don't think it's right. Plus, I dress too preppy to be a hippie. Black dress shirt and khaki shorts today, adorable!

Today's title comes from my fav. boy band of 1998 - 5ive!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment