Monday, June 14, 2010

Rehab is not for quitters

The gym tonight was all about my ankle. Nothing else.

I started on the bike. 10 minutes of struggling, but I got through it. Who knew that even peddling a bike would be so difficult?
Next was balance work. My good leg? no problem! My bad leg? was actually not that bad. Just don't as me to close my eyes, I'll topple right over.
Okay, enough standing! Work with resistance bands started with me tying it into my shoe lace and had my trainer hold it to apply the resistance. Flex and point, and side to side movements. Three sets of 20 reps.
The BOSU was my next challenge. Step onto the bad then (and try to) bounce off. These will get me ready for jumping. Boy did they hurt. After I was done 15 step ups I called it quits and decided to take a walk around the gym to stretch it out and keep myself from giving up. I stepped on with both feet and balanced away, trying to close my eyes from time to time.
Curtsy squats ended the routine, and I was very ready to get home and get off my feet.
I'm sitting here with my foot in ice and in a great deal of pain. I wouldn't change tonight's workout for anything, I know it will help me and I look forward to seeing the results very soon, and I have another physio appointment tomorrow.

Walking is much improved, I swear I'll be running in no time. I'm approaching week 4, so I guess I'm right on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment