Saturday, June 19, 2010

My love affair

Riley has me motivated tonight to try to get back onto my mat.

He's used it more than I have since I hurt my ankle. My balance and weight distribution is still off so I haven't attempted to practice yoga. A few sun salutations may not be the worst thing to try, I may just leave Dancer's Pose out of the mix.

I'm one sleepy kitten after a very lovely night and afternoon with my girls. We went to the Maddy last night in true grad school fashion and sat in the piano room. The night is never complete until we belt out Kenny Rogers...oh The Gambler! Lots and lots of singing, some vodka, oh and a few of these too.

I think I looked pretty cute last night too. How nautical!

I got back onto the scale yesterday - I think it's been since January - I was very disappointed. Every last pound that I lost I've gained back. I'm back to square one and not impressed with myself. I know I am able to succeed again, and hopefully this time I do not lapse. Lauren was a great motivation and listened to me bitch about it all this morning and offered up some very practical advice and pointers. Have I mentioned lately that Lauren looks smokin' hot? I'm so proud of her. 

We spent the afternoon at the Dome taking in the Jays game. A win, three great friends, a visit from Megan, and four amazing seats right right of home plate.
Kathryn has now gone back home and flies back to Calgary tomorrow. I enjoyed every minute with her and my heart hurts that she is gone again. 

After I got home (and had a much needed nap) Alli and I gave dad his Father's Day present. We are taking him to the Jays game tomorrow, got him a new t-shirt to wear and bought him an ice-creamy cake. (have you rapped lately?)

No comments:

Post a Comment