Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Put a smile on your face

Happy Hump Day!
In the gloomy rain that has taken over this day, I decided to cheer myself up with a Green Monster and some blogs.

Yes, I know it looks gross, but it is rather tasty!
p.s. Alli, I may just be turning into a hippie. You win!

There will be no training today, no rehab, just ice. The acupuncture really made me swell up. I do feel better (sure) but the pain is there. So since there is none of that to chat about, let's have some fun.

I just love contests, mostly the thought of winning them even though I never have. This morning I blog jumped from Oh She Glows on over to Eating Journey for "a HAPPY giveAWAY". A bunch of healthy goodies, some beautiful cards, and an inspirational book just for writing what makes me happy? Piece of cake.

Side note: Cake? Totally makes me happy!

So here is what I wrote:
  • Big sunglasses and lots of sunshine
  • Sweating my butt off in a Moksha Yoga class
  • How even when she doesn’t try, my sister is sooo funny
  • Feather duvets that look like piles of clouds
  • Starbucks Saturday’s…even though I may treat myself more than once a week
  • Dance parties in my basement in my sweatpants and glasses at any hour

A superficial list, but I'm sure I can go on for pages. Maybe I just will.
  • Text messages that leave you smiling at your phone like a loser
  • Peroxide
  • Laughing so hard with friends that you cheeks hurt, and your abs feel tighter the next day -> case in point Sports Saturday with Alli, Megan and Adam (guest stars: BQ, MT, Snides and Em)
  • Exclamation points !!!!
  • Hand holding
  • My neon pink pedicure
  • Riley, our scaredy-cat puppy
  • Mindy, our crazy kitty
  • My parents, no matter how insane they may be
  • This view:
















  • Writing
  • Receiving mail/emails/postcards
  • Knowing I made someone smile
  • Giving gifts
  • Cracking lame PG13 jokes with Andrea -> ask her about the one with the parrot, I'll tell you the one about the fish
  • Watching theatre or the ballet
  • Sports, sports, sports, sports!
  • My lacrosse boys, even if I am "mom"
  • Singing as LOUD as I can in my car anywhere!
  • Taking pictures
  • Cuddles
  • Hugs and kisses
  • Nap time
  • Date nights with great friends
  • Having Lori, Lauren, Kathryn and Sandra (and me) all together in the same place
  • Walking at the waterfront
  • Silly inside jokes
  • To-Do Lists
  • When the things I've cooked result in me "yum'ing" out loud
  • That all my great friends get along, no matter what "group" they hail from
  • Catching up with old friends
  • Making lists of things that makes me happy, because I'm pretty happy now!
Feel free to enter the contest too...but if you win you have to share the treats! I'll collect my finders fee! Or just let me know here. What makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment