Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pretty, pretty, princess...hungry, hungry, hippo?

I'm a sleepy kitten. A VERY sleepy kitten, actually.

I kept myself up all night worrying about my stupid ankle. Is there cartilage damage? What have I really done to it? What will the MRI say?  It went on like that for hours. When I tried to distract myself from thinking about my ankle, I started arguing in my head about what the better nickname was: Princess Panic or Captain Panic? (I still don't know which one I like more) That also went on for hours.

As much as I want to know what is wrong so I can fix it. I'm afraid of what the outcome could be. I really don't want to resort to surgery. I deal much better with holistic health. Or as sister calls it: that hippie shit.

I'm very ready to crash, but no such luck. Today has to be one of the craziest days I've had in a while. I'm going to get my MRI requisition from Steph's other clinic today at 3:30ish, then the dentist at 4:50, then day 2 of yoga training from 7:15-11:15. I'd like to be able to take one of the two offered classes tonight, but I'm afraid I won't have the energy to get through it...or the ankle strength. My ankle looks more like an ankle than a grapefruit right now, but the pain just won't quit.

I'm excited for my four-day weekend, and the opportunity to sleep tomorrow. I also have taken on the challenge of vegan baking for Megan and family's Canada Day BBQ. Whole Foods was the one-stop shop to buy all the perfect ingredients! While I was there, I also picked up some lunch. My stuffed pepper will now act as dinner somewhere between the dentist and yoga.

Grilled salmon and a mess load of greens. Notice my gorgeous flower plate I picked up yesterday?

If I don't take a yoga class today, I'm not sure I'll fit in a workout (maybe for the best). Though my body (read: ankle) thanks me, I'm not sure my piggy bank does. Maybe I can talk sister into a walk tomorrow while my baking is on the window sill cooling? Alli, that's a hint to bring home something to go for a walk in.

Not sure if I'll be able to check in with you tomorrow, so if not Happy Canada Day! Enjoy the fireworks! I can't wait to spend the day surrounded by my sis, one of my besties, and some fantastic family!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Capitan panic has a good ring to it. So does capitan cranky pants

    2. "walking gear" is packed!

    3. Looking forward to spending the day with you too!

    ReplyDelete