Saturday, June 12, 2010

Makes me say "what's up?"

Relay for Life was a very interesting last night. I don't mean that in a good way, lots of things went wrong and having a PR background I cringed at the lack of communication to participants over things everything. Lets just say the highlight was waiting in line for two hours to get a hamburger without knowing why. Alli may disagree but I think I did an okay job of keeping my temper and moodiness under wraps during the time. I was much better than I normally am. And the burger? Sucked! After all that, I'm now boycotting HERO Burger. Not like I've actually eaten there before.

Though I still believe chimps would have organized a better event, we did enjoy time with Mimi.


We seem to like this pose, but we've changed it up a bit. The first one has sunglasses, and in the second one we change sides and take off the shades. 

i

I'm on my way to physio. After a lot of standing and walking yesterday night I'm in a bit of pain. This healing thing is taking a lot longer than I expected and is taking a lot out of me. 

One thing that I noticed yesterday, probably because I was surrounded by a lot of people, was the way that I'm looked at me for how I'm walking. I have a very lopsided, staggering multi-level walk because of the amount of, or lack there of, weight I can put on my ankle. When I had the crutches people were nice, opened doors, offered to hold things. I was overwhelmed by their gracious attention. Now that I am crutchless I just get stares. People look afraid of me, that there is something wrong with me. This morning when walking around my neighborhood Alli and mom both noticed how one woman just gawked at me. I was a a caged animal out in civilization.  The three of us were pretty disgusted. I'm not trying to say I'm a saint, but I've never notice if someone walks fine, or has no legs, etc. People are just like snowflakes....we're all very pretty. Plus, why be a critic of someone else when you can put that energy into something useful for yourself?

I'm getting together with my dance group this evening. We are going to watch the DVD of our show and share some yummy treats. I'm going to try to make it to the gym in the afternoon to bike a bit more and get moving. Hopefully more positive vibes come out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment