Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Musical Chairs

Hey my peeps! So much to share today, I don't even know where to start.

Yesterday was mom's 59th birthday! Holy moley! She's far too cute to be 59, I don't even believe it.
Don't we look identical? I'd be happy to look like her when I'm 59. Her sister sent her an Edible Arrangements for her birthday, not knowing she'd be at the cottage instead of home. The narc and I had the duty of eating it before it got too ripe. Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants, right?
It's been a very delicious two days. The box is now empty, if you were wondering.

I told you last night about needing to assign pricing to my workouts for my workout piggy bank. Well, tada!

Training w/Krista or "Day 3" = $2
Run over 5 km = $2
Yoga - 75 or 90 mins = $2
Yoga - 60 mins = $1
Walk over 5 km = $1
Elliptical/Bike over 20 minutes = $1
Run 3-5 km = $1
Group fitness class (step, zumba, etc.) = $1
Walk 3-5 km = $0.50
Elliptical/Bike under 20 mins = $0.50

I earned myself $3 last night by training with Krista (2), 15 minutes on the elliptical (0.50) and going for a 3.5km walk with dad (0.50).

I just HAD to get a cute vessel for my earnings, and found this antique looking sugar jar from the Dollar Store. It's perfect, such a sweet reward...it's my sugar ;)

I also stopped off at Homesense on my way to physio today. Not for any particular reason, just because I love looking around. Every time I'm there I want to buy a chair. I fear when I get a place of my own I'll just have a whole bunch of random chairs from Homesense. At least I can have lots of company; no one will be able to cuddle though. I ended up picking out two plates and a bowl. All of which were on sale. They will spice up my food a bit, add some beauty to my nutrition.

Physio was next, more needles, more electro-current and more bad news. I'm being sent for an MRI because Steph isn't happy with what she feels and sees when she is manipulating my ankle. After five weeks and five days, it should be healing better. I'm not excited about the news. I am pretty distraught, actually. I think my friend Kevin put it into perspective for me by saying that at least with an MRI I will get a clear picture (literally) of what is wrong. This way I can properly fix the issue since I'll know what it is. Thanks, Kev!

After physio, the original plan was to go to the gym and get on the elliptical, all I wanted to do was go back to Homesense and buy some chairs for comfort. I settled for a walk with dad, and earned me another $0.50 of sugar.

p.s. If you haven't listened to "Lay Me Down" by Dirty Heads, you should! I firmly believe I am the green-eyed girl in the song! Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment