Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shake and bake, etc.

Tonight was a very successful night.

Physio was more poking and more needles.
 Yeah, it doesn't look quite like an ankle yet, a few extra bumps that aren't usually involved. I'm walking almost normally again and Steph said that if I feel comfortable I should try the elliptical. Waaayyy ahead of her.

Gym was next. Got back on the elliptical, and it got easier today. I motored through 20 minutes, no song required. I felt my heart beating, and I was sweating. It was rough, but it got done. The entire time I was giving myself a pep talk, mostly positive with the occasional "move your ass fat girl" thrown in for an extra push.  I got an hour of weight training in afterward and could do squats again. I was feeling like a million bucks.

I was going to go back on the elliptical to end the night, but dad needs some motivation to get moving, so I came home and told him we should go for a walk. It wasn't long and it wasn't fast but we walked about 2.5 km. That's longer than either of us has done in a while probably.

When we got home from the walk I decided to be a domestic goddess and attack the kitchen.

I told you I had big things planned for the flours I bought at the Bulk Barn last week, and boy did they deliver. I've made two batches of pancakes, the first were Blueberry Buckwheat and the second were Blueberry Coconut. Both absolutely delicious.

Tonight I prepared a HUGE batch of Blueberry Coconut pancakes. Some for tomorrow's breakfast and some to freeze for the future.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup coconut flour (or buckwheat flour)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 salt
1 3/4 cup almond milk
2 eggs
2 tablespoons canola oil (I substituted 1 tbsp flax oil & 1 tbsp fish oil)
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup blueberries

In a large bowl mix flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl whisk almond milk, eggs, oil, and honey.

Mix the wet into the dry ingredients then add the blueberries. I cook them in a non-stick pan until golden brown on each side.

Don't they look so good? I'm so pumped for breakfast tomorrow. I was craving something sweet for tonight, so I decided to whip up one of Gracie's solo cookies. She made her's with white chocolate and macadamia nuts. I made mine with carbo chips and coconut.

I'm pretty impressed with myself today on all fronts. Now it's time to get acquainted with my ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment