Friday, June 18, 2010

My Weekend with Lil Jon, I mean, the PR Girls

Oh hello there. Fancy meeting you here on a Friday morning.

When I got to the office today I was greeted with a beautiful sight. Our team trailer that we load up all of our junk in just got a makeover. It looks great and features a few of my favourites. They look so happy, I love celebration shots and the photography of Graig Abel.


It does Totally Rock. Probably my favourite pun of the 2010 season. I'll need to think of something new for 2011.

I'm not going to discuss the rest of yesterday, it was not good and I don't care to relive it. Lets just say we need to keep me away from all reflective surfaces and my ankle needs to get better, and fast! I'm not sure which is better, unexplained swelling or Steph not being able to explain the unexplained swelling. Here is a sneak peek of what physio looked like:



Let's look forward instead, shall we? Tonight I need to pack my bag for an oh-so girlie sleep over. The lovely ladies I went to grad school with are having a reunion. There are five of us. Lori, Lauren, Laura, Kathryn and Sandra. I'm not too sure what the last two were thinking with their names, they don't flow like the first three. I know what you're thinking, and yes, we have gone out and played the "we're Lori, Lauren and Laura." It usually hold down at least 5 minutes of conversation.

Let me tell you a bit about these fabulous PR chickies: besides being beautiful they are also among the few friends I really hold dear. They were formed first, and I was lucky enough to be welcomed along. Don't ask me how it happened, I don't even really know. All I do know is that I'm fortunate.  We're now all busy being fabulous and though Lauren, Sandra and I are in Toronto the other two have moved.

Kathryn is back in town from Cow-town, and that only calls for one thing. Celebrations! Girls night tonight, with healthy snacks to start and probably Jager Bombs to end. Jays game tomorrow because I can always count on Kathryn to pull for baseball. I was lucky enough to see Kathryn while in Calgary for work in February. She had a broken toe and was in a boot then, now she's all healed and I have the brace. The last time she came home was just before Christmas and the PR girls all got together then too.
That's me, Kathryn, Sandra and Lauren. We are missing Lori, but sadly will be missing Lori again this weekend. Now living in Ottawa, she has her dad's 70th birthday...pffttt priorities!

Adorable right? Yea, and then Kathryn and I started a photoshoot.

I simply cannot wait until tonight, even though I'm a bit afraid of how well I'll hold up. I have not had much of a social life in the last four weeks, and I have certainly not had anything to drink. I'm never ashamed to call it a night, but with so much fun all in one place I really hope I don't have to. Why can I already read trouble allllll over this?

I have to work an event before the Jays game tomorrow. I'll be a tired one but it will all be worth it. I'm going to sleep on Saturday night. Sister and I have a day planned for dad on Sunday. Father's Day fun for the whole family, well not mom because she doesn't want to come. She opted out, but the day isn't for her anyway.

I'll leave you with one more photo. Why? Because it is Friday and because I love jazz hands...even when they are growing out of my chin.

No comments:

Post a Comment