Saturday, June 26, 2010

Baby, You Can't Doubt It

Leave it all on the mat.

The popular saying in yoga is supposed to help you set intentions and keep a positive frame of mind in class and beyond. Leave all the stress, the pain, the "can't" on your mat, and don't take it with you.

My mat is very heavy after tonight's class.

I struggled through poses, and lost my balance. I didn't quite flow through poses, instead lifted and adjusted and wobbled. I wasn't the yogi I know and love. I'm okay with all of it, because as my amazing yoga date Megan said, you'll sweat no matter what. 

I was full of positive self talk tonight and switched between "it's okay, you're doing great", "you can do it" and "you're stronger than you think". It was a 60 minute class - lots of mind talking happened.

I left class very sweaty, in pain, a little bit lighter of baggage, with a care package from Meg. Date night with her is a gift enough, but I was greeted with her smile, a huge hug, a Kombucha Wonders Drink (Lemon, yum!) and two of her Simple Vegan Granola Squares.

Along with another huge glass of water, I drank down half the bottle of tea and I gobbled up the smaller of the two granola squares. The peanut butter and oatmeal mix is amazing and I can't wait to make a batch of my own. The second square is calling my name, I'm trying to tell myself that it will taste better tomorrow, hopefully I can hold off.

I have five minutes of icing left, then more water and lots of sleep. 

I'll leave you with one more warm fuzzy. After Andrea and I went to dinner on Wednesday we stopped by my office because I forgot a few things. While searching through one of my desk drawers today, I found a little note Andrea left me. Wow! I have amazing friends.

Can you read her chicken scratch? it says "You're Special. (not in a short bus way)"

No comments:

Post a Comment