Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Let me break the ice

"You may have cartilage damage, Laur."

Ever feel so scared that everything shuts down? My mind went completely blank and my body froze when I heard those words.

Steph knocked me out with that 1, 2 punch. What started out in my mind as a simple roll turned into a sprain, turned into a stage III sprain, turned into the ligament tear and a compressed bursa, and now on top of all of that I may have chipped cartilage on my talus bone. You're kidding me, right? Have I mentioned lately that this ankle thing is really pissing me off? Oh, I have? Well good, just making sure.

Electro-current and acupuncture, and some A.R.T.

I left physio feeling like a pin cushion, a hurtin' pin cushion that's been around the block and automatically went to the freezer upon returning home and reached for a bag of ice.

I'm not going to lie, I am extremely terrified (now more than ever) that I have less than 96 days to rehab and learn how to walk again and then run, and then run well before the Scotiabank Waterfront.  I know it sounds like plenty of time, but....*digress into rant about stupid ankle*

Lets end tonight on a positive note, shall we? I've been preaching to sister that she should be more of a Positive Polly. Guess I should listen to my own stupid advice.

My running group has grown. I told you all that Lauren was on board, but Jenn has signed up too (and her mom and her aunt) and Sandra is on the fence. Thank goodness I'm so good at giving people a very swift and powerful push off fences.

I received another phone call from Big Sisters and got my police check forms in the mail today. I'm on the right path. It just takes so long for the check to process that I doubt I'll be matched with my little until August or September.

I am also going into the yoga studio for my first training shift on Sunday. I'll be volunteering my time once a week working reception and doing some tidying. In turn, I'll get to practice at the studio. Heated power yoga...how exciting. It will be different than my normal Moksha series; I hope I love it. I'm a little too excited and eager, I think. I may have sent the woman at the studio 3 emails today.  Poor woman, not sure she's encountered someone who gets as high as I do. Yogi's are zen...I'm spastic!

I'm off to ice again. Catch ya tomorrow. Actually, I probably won't be able to catch you....I don't move too fast.

p.s. I haven't had song lyrics as my title in a few posts, but I'm back at it now. Have you even noticed this trend? Britney spices up your Tuesday! She's so sassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment