Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wiggle it, just a little bit

I've been riding the high of my Thursday lunchtime warm fuzzies for a while. That is until this morning when I needed a cinnamon bun. (remember what I said about baked goods?!)

Oh Thursday evening I went to visit Steph at physio. She worked a lot on the scar tissue that has built up on my ligament attachment. When it decided to nicely reattach to the bone, the scar came with it. It needs to be worked at to reduce and be removed, and boy does it ever hurt. 86 days, huh? Where has the summer gone? A bit more A.R.T., acupuncture and electro-current.
This site it becoming far too common

I'm very excited for the day that I don't think about my ankle 90 times. I'll settle for 70; that would be a relaxing day. I'm still icing everyday in hopes that it will reduce the leftover swelling and get rid of the synovitis. 

Friday I ended up leaving work after about 3 hours. I was sick, I was hazy. I just couldn't be there. I opted to go home and sleep instead. Too bad my body didn't get that memo. I just lay in bed, rolling back and forth coughing.

I hoped that I could sweat it out so I strapped my mat to my back and hustled over to yoga.
PYC is such a beautiful studio
And boy did I sweat! Sadly, the cold did not go anywhere. It likes me too much, looks like I have a Stage 5 clinger.

I took Kinndli's 75 minute jam class - that simply means that the entire class is done to music. The last time I did a music class, the instructor played throat singing and gongs. So that's what I got this time, right? Oh hell no! Kinndli doesn't teach your momma's yoga. She has a rather sick obsession with J.Beebs. Oh yes, at least three Beiber songs during the class.

It was 75 minutes of fun, she also sings into her head set microphone. Would you expect less from this sassy girl?
That little furball is Rocco!

You know what that means? I achieved my goal of doing a yoga class on a weekday and earned a toonie for my sugar jar. It is something I'd like to continue for weeks to follow, hopefully more than one during the week as well. 

It wasn't all fun and games, don't think 75 minutes on a Friday night has reinvigorated me. It hasn't. I cried, again, again. It is getting so routine, I may just make it my "thing".

Hi, I'm Laura. I'm a Libra, who likes the waterfront and I cry in yoga class. It's lovely to meet you.

Maybe boys will like the little extra bit of crazy. Oh, and that I'm outdoorsy!

This time, there was a whole different reason. Yes, the pain was there. Yes, I'm pretty crazy. Those weren't the reasons. For the first time, in a very long time, I felt pity for myself. I found myself laying on my mat in child's pose asking "why me?" and repeating "this isn't fair". Those words have not come out of my mouth this whole time. I couldn't (can't) understand why this is happening to me, and for so long. Haven't I learned patience? Perseverance?  Can't I just be healed? What more do I have to learn? Can we get on with it? I'm very interested to see what kind of reaction I have in tomorrow's class.

I was going to take a class today, but decided to rest - and shop - instead. I got my hair did this morning, and took part in #TwitterHLS with a great group of health and fitness bloggers that were unable to make it to Chicago for the real Healthy Living Summit. Next year, I hope I can make it. It sounds like such a fantastic event.

I also just got my blog listed on Healthy Living Blogs. It is a new resource for the health blogging community. Created by Lindsey of Sound Eats, HLB is a site designed to enhance the positive community of the healthy living blog world. Bloggers and readers can explore the site and find more blogs to love, bloggers in their area, and forums to deepen healthy discussion and support. If you're interested in having your site listed check the site out for yourself!

I hope to be guest posting for them as well. This round the topic is what health means to me. Oh this could get interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Healthy Living Blogger site. And thank you so much for stopping by my blog and your support of the 30 days of self-love. :)

    Sorry to hear that yoga class was rough emotionally. I have moments where I can't help but have tears flow too. I really hope that things with the ankle get better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete