Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A hat, a bat, and that's not all

I'm home, but not without a few more eventful days in Boston.

Sunday had to be the craziest day. In my books you can't have a summer trip to Beantown with out a trip to visit this Monstah:

It was a VERY rainy day and the start of the game got delayed from 1:35 to 3:15 because of the water works. Thanks goodness for covered seats, sister and I stayed remotely dry while we waited.

Being from Toronto with the dome, I'm pretty spoiled that I don't ever have to worry about weather getting in the way of my baseball. I also would never be able to witness this:

So freakin' neat to watch them uncover and fix up the field. It takes a lot of man power!

Game on! Gaaammme oonnn! (a la Wayne's World road hockey).

It was an experience and a half being at such an old stadium, historic with so much character! At the top of the third, there was yet another rain delay and the tarp went back out. This one lasted an hour. Oh did we ever get our money's worth. The ball game took six hours to play.

Too bad that the Jays lost because of one bad inning from Marcum. He was pitching so well, I'm not going to hold it against him. I've got another Jays game to see tonight! I'm partial to my BlueJays home games with OK Blue Jays playing at the seventh inning stretch instead of "God Bless America"

We weren't the only Jays fans in town, in fact we saw Paul Molitor. 

While I was being creepy and taking pictures of strangers on the street I found this lovely character. I'd like flowers from a man, his woman is quite lucky.
Yes, I realize I'm so so creepy! But I did think it was so sweet!

We spent another day at Target on Monday before heading home. I loved my trip, but I also love being home.
This was me in a coffee shop, writing posts and emails! The Hyatt really needs free wifi for their peeps!

I'll get back to blogging regularly about my ankle tomorrow, I just had to catch up with the rest of my trip.

Speaking on my ankle. It hurts, but not as much as it did on Monday. Once we flew home on Monday night I couldn't find a comfortable way to sleep without waking myself up in pain. I couldn't prop it up, I couldn't keep it in a brace, no socks, no no-socks, no pain gels, or drugs, nothing! I am happy to say that the last day and a bit have reduced the pain and the swelling I saw in it. I think the trip over did it. Again we rest. 97 days of hell.

I'll leave you with a video of my all-time favourite Blue Jay. The one, the only Mr. Kelly W. Gruber!

No comments:

Post a Comment