Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bring back that lovin' feelin'

Every muscle, bone, tendon, even space in my body is aching right now. Eoin's (pronounced Ian) superflow class last night was a journey and I'm a bit worse for wear this morning. 
This gorgeous sight in my left knee.
The right one looks similar. I'm feeling pretty mangled, and Megan agreed this morning (via Twitter) that she was moving slowly and also a hurtin' unit.

The class was anything but conventional. We swam like fish and dolphins, we crab-walked, we embraced the ocean inside of us (figuratively and literally, he made us lick our sweaty arm to taste the salt). We were surfers, dude. I think Megan said it best when she told Adam that Eoin could totally give "Dude Lessons" he is the ultimate dude. "I'm so stoked to be back in Toronto. Super stoked." Not to fret Eoin, I was super stoked to have you back too. Especially when you sat on me and rubbed my arms instead of bowing in traditional class ending style.

Though I have personally, I'd also like to publicly thank Megan for coming with me last night. She gives in to my excitements and nurtures my crazy nature. Megan stepped out of her comfort zone for me last night. I'm not sure how I got so lucky...I'm not going to question it, just embrace it. 

I was right when I said last night that my excitement would trump my hurting ankle. It did sting and pulse throughout class, but I pushed it aside. Oh, the power of a positive mind!

Giving myself the time to go to this class, (and be silly and use my muscles and stretch) made me realize one thing. I've been neglecting me again, a trend (just like lack of sleep) that is all too familiar.

Remember those jeans I posted on my bedroom door as motivation? They are still hanging there and not fitting any better. I've stoppd loving to cook and bake, and working out is becoming a chore. I've stopped loving yoga, and stopped loving weight training. This girl needs to shake it up a bit to start getting back that lost loving feeling. (sigh, the Righteous Brothers - I'm loving oldies right now).

Megan and I had a foodie discussion last night after yoga class as I was CRAVING a pita. Don't ask me why, I'm not sure I've had one since The Pita Grill in Windsor.

Let me digress: Any place that serves remotely healthy food, that is open till 3:30 a.m. on a bar night, and is located on my walk home was heaven to me. Then make the food delicious (even when sober) and it was my Cloud 9.

p.s. No, I didn't get my pita. Couldn't find an open place at 11:00 p.m.

Now back to the point, we talked about the importance of eating REAL food. Both of us agree that the occasional fake thing, or processed item isn't the end of the world, but when given the choice we'd much rather chow down on clean, raw, real food then fake cheese and chemical laden goods.

That only means one thing: I need to get back to cooking, and fast! I spent a good amount of time in the kitchen this morning preparing my food while sipping on a full mug of warm water with lemon.

For breakfast I had what I'm lovingly calling my Kitchen Sink Smoothie. This puppy had just about everything I could find thrown into it. There was no real measuring just playing. So the measurements below are all approximations.

Kitchen Sink Smoothie:
1 tbsp Omega-3 Fish oil
1 tsp acidophilus powder (layman's terms: ground up dead people - a very powerful pro-biotic)
1 medium banana
1/3 cup almond milk
1/3 cup POM juice
2 pineapple-stawberry popsicles
1/3 cup fresh blueberries
2 scoops of Ultra-Meal vanilla flavour protein powder

I think that is all. I was aiming for a green monster, but had no greens so I fished around the fridge and freezer to make that delicious concoction.
I love how fresh blueberries make it all speckled!
I have a bunch of chunks of pineapple for a snack, a messful of salad and a bit of veal cutlet for lunch, and a handful of macadamia nuts for the afternoon snack. Currently, I am very proud of myself. Day 2 is the next triumph and I'm headed back to Whitby for the next two days so planning meals will be VERY crucial. There is an Extreme Pita across the street from the arena, though. I may have to go and get that pita craving under wraps - pun intended - one day for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment