Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch

It looks like my sugar jar may need to be geared towards my MRI costs instead of a cute new birthday running outfit. My original appointment was scheduled for the only time I'm not in the country. That needed to be fixed.  I called and actually got through. Crazy! Did not expect to talk to a real person. A cancellation tonight, you say? I'm all over that! I am a little sick to my stomach though because after researching a bit more, these things can cost a pretty penny. Pennies I have, but pretty ones are hard to come by.

Another amazing friend stepped up and agree to drive me to and from the hospital. Sandra lives close and I wouldn't need to pay for parking on her street and can save the expensive cost of hospital parking. She even agreed to stay up past her bedtime. I'm touched. She'll get Starbucks as a thank you, which means I get Starbucks. Win-win!

Last night I had a migraine that wouldn't quit. I couldn't sleep it off, I couldn't sweat it out. So I baked.
It is smokin' hot here in Toronto, so why not something icy? I started with Strawberry-Pineapple Popsicles that I found thanks to Google. 
It was just what I needed to cool me down (I need to paint my nails) but I still wasn't satisfied. What next? Jaclyn's (who can be found on Twitter and her blogVegan Banana Blueberry Zucchini Bread. There was one problem, no bread pan. Could not find it for the life of me. I decided to make them into muffins instead, and altered the cooking time to 30-35 minutes. 


They are delicious! I'm not sure there is a better taste than warmed up exploding blueberries! A very good recipe, and the zucchini keeps them so moist. I'll need to find the bread pan for the next time I make it.

Also, I told you I should never grocery shop when I'm hungry. I bought rhubarb amongst other things. Rhubarb?! What the hell am I going to do with that?! HELP!

I'm off to physio at 5, and then to St. Joe's hospital for the MRI at 9:30 so no baking or cooking tonight. I may just treat myself to something while out and about.

Some people have asked me what the hardest part has been. I really can't stand the pain, my bondage brace is the ugliest thing I've ever seen, but I really miss wearing heels. My calves do not look as spectacular as they once were. I'm my normal short self. I can't hide 5-10 lbs. by simply slipping on heels. If you know me, you know that I have a closet dedicated to my shoes that is overflowing.
 Only two of the many shelves..

I lived in the things, I'm pretty sure I could have run my 5k in them before all this happened. Now I look at them, and try them on. Too bad they don't last more than 30 seconds before I'm screaming to rip them off.

Happy Tuesday from my bare feet and chipping pedicure!

1 comment:

  1. i am insanely jealous of your shoe closet!!

    ReplyDelete