Saturday, July 3, 2010

One of these things is not like the other

I have six dollars in my sugar jar, a hurting ankle, and had a whole lot of fun the last few days.

I just can't get enough of these two:
That'd be Alli, Megan and myself. 

Yes, looking like a complete mess is my new trend, move over 80s chic, I rock it well. I'm happy to be in their company, even though I may not want to stand beside the two most photogenic people in photos! I have to rep though, someone needs to be blonde.

While I'm obsessing about my stupid ankle, I've learned a very quick way of hustling to the phone each time it rings in hopes it's the hospital telling me about my MRI. (I've watched the cat, I'm learning to be stealth.) I'm still in a great deal of pain every day even though the swelling is almost gone.

I know I'm all fun and games, so why not an anatomy lesson? Ow Ow! No? Not like that? Darn!

At physio this morning, Steph broke out her skeleton model to show me a few things that may be wrong with it now, she's convinced there is bone harm. I don't have a model so I've circled a diagram for you.

This is a right ankle, so picture it inverted, BUT, Steph believes that the Talus bone was jammed up and into the base of the Fibula while I went over on my ankle. This impact could have caused a chip which would result in pain. She calls it "bone kissing". Well at least I'm getting some action. 

The good news is she didn't talk about surgery at all. Something about platelet injection that only two people in Ontario know how to do. Of course, because she's awesome, Steph knows both people who do it. It can get pricey, and of course it isn't covered by OHIP, but she says it's how we fix me. That is, if I do have bone/cartilage damage. I'll just need to keep jumping at the phone when it rings. Fingies crossed for quick healing, but damn I hurt right now!

Heading to a #UFCTweetUp (hash tags and all) tonight at the new "Real Sports" sports bar across from the ACC. I'm not actually a fan of UFC but I'm a fan of networking so here I go to meet some new people, and indulge in a Twitter event.

No comments:

Post a Comment