Tuesday, July 20, 2010

she said it was worth it

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times and that still isn't enough: I have amazing friends. My support system of Andrea, Megan and Adam came to the funeral home to show their support and love. I am truly blessed and surrounded by such great people. I can't express how thankful I am. Even though I told them not to come, they drove out of the way to give me a much needed hug.

As I sat on the couch in the funeral home I had numerous people who know my mother comment about how we look identical. My Autie Catherine commented numerous times, and finally told me that she felt like she was having flash back at when she first met mumma. Um, Hello? Did you not read my last blog post? We already went over this!

I hurt a lot today, the mixture of heat and standing have not cooperated with me. My bondage brace was more of a hindrance than anything but I kept it on for most of the day to compress the swelling. I took it off once we got to the wake and uncovered my mangled ankle to the family. The best part about not having a close family? is having to explain what happened 24 times to everyone. I couldn't even think of eating because of the pain, instead I sat in an uncomfortable chair until we went home. I napped for close to three hours and that still didn't feel like enough. I woke up still emotionally and physically tired, in pain.

Today also marked a milestone. I officially have $20.00 in my sugar jar.

Dad and I decided to go for a walk tonight, we both needed it. Getting a little fresh air and exercise helps clear the mind, and will definitely help me get to sleep tonight. I need it! We were going to do the medium route, but I wanted to push it a little further tonight despite the pain. Another lesson in perseverance and knocking down obstacles. Sure, I hurt but the crispy 20 i just put into my piggy bank makes it all worth it. 

I'm also planning on making a motivation board.
Step #1: locate magazines to cut things out of.
That's as far as I've got so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment