Monday, July 5, 2010

Back to life, back to reality

A dull headache and a Monday. I feel caffeine may need to be invited to this party.

The cost of money came up with dad last night as we were on the 'medium' walk. He asked me a few questions to wrap my head around, but then followed with one that I ask myself everyday. Can I afford this?

Physio, and MRIs and platelet injections don't come cheap. When it is your health and healing on the line is cost really an issue? Depends on the cost. MRIs sit anywhere between $300-$10,000 and injections can run $250-$800 and often more than one is needed. Best part of it all? None of it is covered by OHIP or my insurance benefits company.

Did I mention I just signed my life away to my car insurance company to withdraw money from my account, and my gym membership does the same thing? I'm going to need tips on how to rob a bank.

How am I supposed to choose between financially feasible and fixing this ankle? I have put more effort into my rehab and physio in the last six weeks than I ever have to anything. Commitment to things hasn't always been my specialty. So now, that I'm interested and involved, I may have to force myself to stop? I don't like this one bit (not like I've actually enjoyed much of the last six weeks).  Dad thinks the spending spree should come to an end soon, but he doesn't understand.

That's another thing that has been on my mind. How do you make people understand? I'm not faking it with my ankle, the amount of pain I go through daily makes me cross-eyed, and I think I'm making the best decisions for myself. Others, like dad, may not agree. We are all different I know, but I'd just like an easy way to convey ideas. My ideas.

Thank goodness I'm in a baking mood, I need to shake off this crazy frustration somehow. I think I'm going to make bread or scones. I sent sister home with a full batch of granola bars yesterday, but ran out of maple syrup so I couldn't make any for myself. Grocery shopping post-gym tonight, which is always trouble because I'm so hungry I could eat my own arm, and end up buying lots of useless things.

No comments:

Post a Comment