Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dust yourself off and try again

Where do you find motivation? It has decided to play hide-and-seek with me and that bugger has gone and found an amazing spot to duck and cover.  I've looked everywhere for him.

Today I searched for motivation in the aisles of Whole Foods. Instead I found quiche and salad. Though delicious, my lunch motivated nothing but my digestive system.

I often find motivation in my friends and family. They are awesome and talented with gifts so unique that each finds a new way to amaze me every day. I am constantly in awe. They run races, move across countries, throw themselves deep into dating (scariest task of all), quit jobs, go back to school at 'old' ages, allow themselves to love, cut off all their hair, deal with sickness and disease head-on, sacrifice for others, and create every day without fear of judgment. I feel that some power is trying to tell me that I am somehow deserving of all of these great people, I just have to figure out what I can offer as well. 

It comes and goes, and when it is here I wish I could squeeze every last drop out of motivation. It will surface again, when I'm not sure. My mind is sideways from a lot of thinking and a lot of talking and a lot of pro-con lists. I have decisions to make, and am trying to channel my very inspiring friends while I'm in the balance.

While I'm in limbo I'll leave you with a few lovely sayings:

And a funny one:

I'm still in a great deal of pain with this ankle and can't wait until numerous professionals look over my MRI film and decide what is wrong with me. I really want to run, heck I'll take walking or going up and down stairs with less pain.  I think I've learned my lesson in patience and perseverance, we can get on with this any time now. 

Stay tune for when I swear uncontrollably that I've been injured for eight weeks. That will be Thursday, can't wait!

Have a powerful day!

1 comment:

  1. It's Thursday there. It's been 8 weeks. Don't swear! :)

    Being injured has probably been a good thing for you. Time to rest, perhaps? Time to slow down after a very whirlwind and successful Rock season? Down time from the dancing goddess title?

    We know your ankle is improving. It will happen. Just hang in there, kid. It'll all get better, but, in the meantime, enjoy the ride! :)

    My disclaimer: WAY easier said than done. I know!! xo

    ReplyDelete