Monday, September 20, 2010

Tonight I'll have a look

Happy Monday, ya'll!

It's going to be a very busy week, but it's exciting because it's my BIRTHDAY WEEK! Hooray! My birthday is on Friday.

Okay, need to calm myself down now (which I am convinced will never be possible, even with so much yoga ahead of me).

Day 2 on my personal revolution: I decided to see where I could push myself to.

I woke up feeling pretty good, not many aches and pains from a long class. I dressed for work, packed my lunch, packed my gym bag, and my yoga mat and was out the door.

Monday is a crazy day in the office, but as promised I left at 5:00 on the dot for my appointment with myself. I struggled through the gym, and was actually pretty grumpy. My back was hurting and I was a sour puss. Not a good start to a night that had no end in sight. After an hour of pushing weight I flew out the door and headed to the studio.

I wasn't too hopeful for class knowing how poorly weight training went, but I eased through the positions and sweat, sweat, sweat. The heat really helped mold out my back and stretch my aching muscles. Except my hips, holy lordy there are yelling at me today. I have a lot more pigeon pose to do.
Hurts sooooo good (source)
Hip stretches hurt sooo good. As my beloved Eoin Finn would say "it feels like ice cream being licked off your body". Wait, what?! I know! How the pain of hip stretches feels like being licked, I'll never know. Mr. Finn has always been a weird dude. 

So in the excitement of my birthday week, and being spoiled rotten, I have some serious planning to do because things are getting crazy this week. One of the reasons I'm glad I don't have a social life is because it interferes with my planning.

We just went over what today looked like.
Tuesday: work, Leafs game, meditation
Wednesday: work, gym, yoga, meditation
Thursday: work, gym, family dinner, yoga, meditation
Friday: work, Jays game, meditation
Saturday: my day! no plans, hoping for brunch and a pedicure, yoga, meditation
Sunday: race, yoga, 40 day meeting, birthday celebrations, meditation

I need to fit one more yoga class in there somewhere and not sure if I cram it in tomorrow or Friday. I'm not loving the idea of taking an early morning class so maybe I'll just practice at home and make up for it next week.

I'm not leaving much free time for me this week, but I think it is important to get into the swing of things and then let everything settle.

I have a strong feeling I'll ache tomorrow.

Stumped at what you should get me for my birthday? Here's the wishlist:


I'm off to meditate before bed. Peace and love and all that hippie shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment