Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This little piggy...

Day 4: back to normal.

Guess who was waterworks again in yoga class? You betcha, this girl.

Lets start back from the beginning, since yoga ended my night.

Work went well, a bit distracted from tasks at hand, but it all got done. I was excited to get to the gym and get shuffling on the treadmill. Great idea, right? Wrong! OUCH OUCH OUCH. I made it 0.3 miles before my ankle was yelling at me to stop. I couldn't take one more step, it wanted none of it. I have to listen to my body when it tells me "no more". I don't want to make the injury (18 weeks tomorrow) any worse. I pushed weights for another hour before taking a breather.

I needed to settle myself and couldn't think of a better way then to take yoga class. Great thing that I had planned on the 9:30 class. It started off great, I was flowing, I was sweating. Then my foot started to tingle, actually sting. Know when your foot falls asleep so bad that it aches? Times it by 10, add 10383200395045 and we aren't even close to what my left foot felt like. The nerve that runs along the side of the leg, through the ankle and splits between piggies "wee wee wee" and "had none" was throwing up its best resistance tonight. WWIII in my left foot.
Kind of creepy!
That made things a little more difficult, and when we finally hit pigeon pose I lost it. I've mentioned a few times about how emotions are held in the hips and when we stretch them out, we also air out what we are holding onto. So along with the pain in my hips, I let out everything I was feeling. I let out the aches and pains of my body, I let out the overwhelming stress I'm still holding in my job, I let out the pity I have for myself that my ankle still doesn't want to heal, I let out the sadness that knows I won't be able to run the race I'm registered for on Sunday, I let out the resentment I have for myself for always managing to screw life up.

In short, I balled my eyes out in pigeon pose - face hidden on a block.

I'm home in my comfy sweats with a big mug of tea. I'm going to meditate and get to bed. Tomorrow I may not practice. I will listen to my body and see how I feel. Birthday dinner at The Keg, and I'm going to enjoy ever last bite.

Namaste!

2 comments:

  1. The little piggy toes distracted me from reading the rest of the post :( I just couldn't stop staring and it and it's kinda cool in a creepy way.

    It's my first time on your blog and this was quite a fun introduction to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the toes, super cute! Wow, 18 weeks ... it's always so hard to listen to our bodies when our brains are saying, "Go for a run!!".

    ReplyDelete