Monday, June 22, 2009

Stuck in Airport! Volume 1‏

Mom and I arrived at the airport, just before 11:00 a.m. so I'd be ready for my noon flight. Sun shining. All happy!

Informed at check-in that the plane was put into maintenance in Atlanta and will be delayed 45 minutes. Just long enough to miss my transfer and my plane back to Buffalo for 3:34.

Me = upset (near tears...I'm emo, it's ok)

I tell mom to leave, that there is no point wasting her day when it is beautiful and sunny, and the puppy wants on the beach ASAP.

I look at my boarding passes and they haven't given me one for my new flight, but instead my original one that I will be missing. Working chimps!

I go back to the counter to (loudly) exclaim "I have a question!"

I'm helped this time by a cute blonde woman, who asks "where are you from? I can understand you!" Find out she is from Toronto too, moved here 4 years ago after marriage. As my hometown kindred spirit she figures out the new boarding passes, gives me a seat upgrade with more leg room but still in coach, and gives me a $7 lunch voucher for when I get to Atlanta. What a peach!

Me = much less emo!

I won't be getting to Buffalo until 6:30 now, so I'll have a nice wait in Atlanta, but I'm used to that. I can find me some lunch (read:Starbucks), and find my gate with plenty of time.

Mom: thanks for dealing with me for 10 days. I had a great time! Thanks for so much fun!

Dad and Alli: See ya tonight suckas!

Love Lou

p.s. If I have WiFi in Atlanta, you may get another update!

No comments:

Post a Comment